Providence Re-opening Plan
August 1, 2020 12:00am
Address: Providence Baptist Church | Greensboro, 1106 Tuscaloosa St., Greensboro, NC, Greensboro, NC US 27406
We will reopen our facility, while proceeding with an abundance of caution.
We will unashamedly and unapologetically be more cautious and slower than the State and County given the vulnerable populations we serve.
OUR IMPLEMENTATION PLAN
We will execute a reopening plan for the Providence Baptist Church in 3 phases. During Phases 1-3 All vulnerable persons (65 and older, those with underlying medical conditions, and/or have compromised immunity) are encouraged, but not required to stay home during this phase.
PHASES 1 AND 2
There will be no on campus activities during this phase.
- Worship continues online, but staff and musicians of 5 or less may record in person, following safe distancing and sanitation practices.
- Weddings and funeral of 10 or less may occur. Attendees must wear masks and practice social distancing.
- Essential and non-essential staff may return to work, (working abbreviated shifts to limit social interaction) following safe social distancing practices and wearing masks.
- All meetings, Sunday school and Bible study will be held virtually.
- All attendees must wear masks and practice “Social distancing”.
- Collection baskets will be placed at points of entry and exit to avoid the passing of collection plates.
- Prepackaged communion servings.
- Restrooms will be available in the narthex and either side of the choir area. Trash cans at exit doors.
- Entrance and exit points will be prominently displayed.
- Non-stationary items (e.g. bibles, hymnals, envelops, programs, etc.) on tables and in pews will be removed and stored.
- Children’s Church and nursery services will be suspended.
- Congregational singing will be suspended to avoid the spread of vocal spray.
- Sunday School will continue on a virtual basis.
- Sunday morning service will continue to be available via the Church website and other online platforms.